Each year, new varieties of poker appear, today there are several dozen areas of this game. Everyone knows Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Stud, draw poker. 4 card poker is used only as entertainment or an additional way to make a profit. Besides, the game is played here not against real opponents, but against a dealer, whose role in online casinos is played by a computer program. Such a game is not suitable for everyone, but there is a category of users who recognize exclusively such gambling entertainment. There is, of course, a difference in the rules, but the basic tenet of poker has been preserved – players need to collect the highest possible combination to become the winners.
4 Pard Poker: the Rules & Strategy
There is a standard 52-card deck in free 4 card poker. There are no jokers in it, and aces are the most powerful cards. The goal of the game is to defeat the dealer by collecting a stronger hand. Players will have five-pocket cards at their disposal. At the same time, they can use only two to make a combination. Four card poker cards are not exchangeable. That’s why players need to make combinations of the available cards, which complicates the task.
- First, poker players make a mandatory bet Ante on the corresponding field. If they want to put Aces Up, they must do it immediately after Ante, without waiting for the distribution of the cards. The size of these bets must be equivalent;
- When the chips are at stake, the dealer deals cards. An interesting feature of 4 card poker is that poker players receive five cards each, and the dealer – six. Players can see the last card of the dealer, which allows them to get a small idea of the strength of the dealer’s hands;
- Play is a bet that is not binding. Players have the right not to commit it, if, after the distribution, they understand that the hand is weak. In this case, they can fold. However, in this case, they will lose the previously made bets. If poker players see that there is a chance to win with the dealt cards, then they need to make a Play bet;
- Having decided to continue the game, poker players open their cards. If the combination of players turned out to be weaker than that of the dealer, then their Ante and Play bets go in favor of the casino. If the poker players have a stronger hand, then they get a 1:1 win and an additional bonus – from 2 to 9 initial bets, if they have collected a high order combination.
The peculiarity of how to play 4 card poker is that there is no such thing as a dealer’s absence of a game. That is why the strength of the hands is compared in any case. The only exception is when all the poker players fold. In four card poker, equivalent combinations count towards the players, which is a big advantage.
It’s most interesting to look at the payouts by the example of Aces Up bet. Aces Up bet does not change the rules of the game. It adds even more excitement and interest in the process. As the name implies, it is directly related to the combination of Pair no lower than with two aces. At the beginning of the game, along with the Ante, the players can make the Aces Up bet. It means that the participants expect to collect a combination not lower than Aces pair. It is a calculation of pure luck, and there can be no talk of any strategy. However, players can get good dividends. If they have not guessed and lost Aces Up, they don’t quit the game but continue to claim victory in the round as a whole. When players hit the target but lost the main game, they still receive a bonus payout. The payouts for Aces Up are different for every online casino, but it is possible to give some averaged values as an example.
- Four of a kind is paid in a ratio of 50:1;
- Straight Flush in a ratio of 40:1;
- Set in a ratio of 8:1;
- Flush in a ratio of 5:1;
- Straight in a ratio of 4:1;
- Two Pairs 3:1;
- A pair of aces 1:1.
Lower combinations in 4 card poker are not paid, the wagered money goes to the casino.