Poker is one of the most popular gambling games in casinos. This card game was created more than 200 years ago and developed over the years. New variants of the game were constantly released, and now there are dozens of them. Previously, in order to play poker, we had to look for a real casino, wait until a table was filled and play for real money with other people. Now everything is simple – find an online casino on the Internet, make an account and enjoy online poker free.
You can play poker for real money as well as virtual coins. The first option is suitable for those who want to gamble and try to make money on poker. The second option is more likely for those people who just want to have fun. You can play for virtual currency both with real people and in video poker. Let’s look at the most popular types of poker.
Popular poker game types
There are 10 main types of poker that you can play in our time:
- Texas Hold’em poker online free. The best and the most popular online poker free game that can be found in every casino.
- Omaha Hi. The second most popular game, differs from Hold’em in that each player receives 4 cards in their hand, and 3 are laid out on the table.
- Omaha Hi-Lo. A variation of Omaha that differs significantly by the rules.
- 7-card stud. A game that was popular before Texas Hold’em.
- 2-7 triple draw. A game in which each player receives 5 cards per hand and the one who has collected the smallest combination – wins.
- 5-card draw. Each player receives 5 cards and you only have 2 betting rounds.
- 5-card Omaha. A more fun version of Omaha Hi. The rules are similar, only at the beginning everyone gets 5 cards, instead of four.
- Badugi. A very unpopular version of poker. The final combination is made up of 4 cards, all other rules are also greatly simplified.
- HORSE. A funny and very complex game whose name is an acronym for version 5 of poker: Hold’em, Omaha, Razz, Stud and Eight-or-Better.
- Razz. A variation of Stud Poker, in which players try to make the lowest hand.
You can find such versions of poker in online and real casinos. It is worth mentioning video poker separately, which we will now move on to.
Video poker review
Video poker is a type of online poker free that is great for those who don’t want to play with other people. In video poker you will have no rivals, you will not have to bluff, read you opponents and so on. At the beginning of the round, you select a bet multiplier (most often from 1 to 5) and get 5 cards. You can choose which cards to keep in your hand and which to discard. Instead of discarded cards, you will get new ones. After this, the game round ends and you receive money depending on the combination collected.
Free online poker no download is great for fun than for serious play. There are no complicated rules, there is no need to bluff, use poker skills, etc. It’s good enough to remember all the combinations, develop your own strategy and stick to it. Video poker machines that return you a bet for a pair or better will allow you to play endlessly and replenish your wallet. Video poker can be played both for real money and for virtual currency to kill time.
Professional poker players often play video poker, because this is a free way to gain poker experience and improve their skills. If you want to play Texas Hold’em for real money, you should first play video poker.