PokerStars is a great place to play for real money. A huge number of users, all types of poker, a lot of bonuses and vigilant technical support – all this will surely impress not only a beginner, but also an experienced player. Let’s figure out if it’s realistic to win at PokerStars, and if so, how to do it. I will answer both questions based on my own observations, because there is nothing more valuable than the real experience of a real person.
Is it possible to win at PokerStars
There are a lot of newbies in this poker room. There is a “fish” at almost every table – a weak opponent, due to which you can easily and quickly make money. Despite their inexperience, such opponents also play for real money, and they are your target. Thus, it is possible to win at PokerStars, provided that you find the right way.
Another important nuance of this site is the numerous bonuses and incentives. Already with the first deposit, you get 100% of the deposited amount just for becoming the next player in this poker room. Any bonus can be turned into real money by simply wagering it over the given period of time.
Thus, even a novice user of the system can raise a good amount. The main thing is to find the right approach. I will talk about this further.
Rules, tips, strategies
Now that you know if you can win at PokerStars, it’s time to figure out how to do it. I offer my own game algorithm, developed directly for this site:
- Practice and observe. Do not rush to get into the professional league, it is better to gradually and systematically develop your skills and abilities. Consider poker not as a hobby, but as a job that needs to be done every day;
- Take a poker education. Read relevant literature, chat in a local chat, hone theoretical knowledge in practice. Ask an experienced player how to win at PokerStars and he will advise you the same;
- Start playing free tournaments (freerolls). There you can get a cash reward or a ticket to a particular event. Freerolls gather thousands of participants, so you can get acquainted with a lot of different players, tactics and techniques;
- Expect a strong starting pair. If you decide to try your luck at Texas Hold’em, remember that there are not many good starting hands. These include AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 10-10, as well as suited AK, AQ, AJ and some others. With such combinations, your chance of success will be much higher, regardless of what cards came to your opponents;
- Play in position. One of my secrets on how to win at PokerStars is that I am the last person in the room to place a bet. In this situation, you have a clear understanding of the situation at the table and control the final pot size. Plus, you have great bluffing opportunities and the chance to bet more accurately for value.